Father’s day is a special day for many. For hundreds of families on Sunday 2nd September, their memories will be different to most.
There are over 360 incubators and cots in neonatal units across New Zealand. While the unit is the best place for the care of their baby (or babies, in the case of multiples) they would love to be home on Fathers day.
We have organised a pick-me-up package for each and every family with a baby in a neonatal unit to brighten their day.
As well as the great items (see below) the packs included:
- a Father’s Day card plus our ‘Tips for Dad‘ support resource. The practical tips included in this resource came from Dads who had been on a neonatal journey.
- a book to read to their baby, along with a printed copy of our ‘Reading to your baby‘ support resource, with the Kangaroo Cuddles support resource on the back. Both practises are great for helping the health of your baby plus enhancing the parents bonding with their baby and feeling of involvement in their care. (Hard copies of these fliers printed with the proceeds of 2017 NZ Charity Golf Classic)
Our huge thanks to . . .
This Father’s Day ‘pick-me-up’ pack would not have been possible without the generous support of a number of organisations and people.
HELL who provided a voucher for a Double Gourmet pizza for every pack
Whittakers who provided a Peanut Slab for every pack
RJs licorice who provided a Salted Caramel choc log for every pack
Bauer Media who provided a magazine for every pack
Huggies, who provided wipes for every pack
Natasha, a neonatal mum, who kindly designed the card
Mainfreight who kindly transported the packs to every neonatal unit in New Zealand
Powershop who provided a power bank for every pack. Perfect for neonatal families living disrupted lives and in need of keeping their phone and devices charged. AND, they also helped with the space, and many staff hands, to put together the packages for every neonatal unit in New Zealand.
The 2017 NZ Charity Golf Classic. Their support helped to print the support resources that were included in every pack.
Our thanks, as always, also go to the wonderful Wellington BizDojo, who support us with their wonderful co-working space. It is from the BizDojo that the phonecalls and organising took place to make the Father’s Day ‘pick-me-up’ packs happen.
ps, we organised the books and paid for the paper bags that the items were placed into. If there’s a friendly packaging company that would like to help out for our future activity like this . . . we’d love to hear from you! (firstname.lastname@example.org as a first step).
The Father’s Day pack is one example of how we support neonatal families. You can see more in this gallery.
If you want to help our support of families going through the stress and anxiety of a neonatal journey, you can donate here.
- The Little Miracles Trust provides support to families of premature or sick full-term babies as they make their journey through Neonatal Intensive Care, the transition home, and onwards. We do not receive any Government funding and are entirely reliant on the generousity of individuals, companies and organisations in the form of donations, value-in-kind donations, grants, sponsorship and fundraising events to supplement operating costs and fund our services and initiatives.
- As we are a registered charity (CC42886) with Charities Services New Zealand we will send you an IRD compliant tax receipt – this will happen automatically by return email.
- Some specific examples of the our activity are shown below and you can also see a full gallery of support examples