The Little Miracles Trust is proud to be supported by Water Babies.
During the week of 3rd – 9th September 2018 they’ll be running a Splashathon for The Little Miracles Trust – a fun, themed event where they invite their parents and babies/toddlers to dress in fancy dress and to get sponsorship for their baby/toddler. There are fantastic prizes on offer for the best dressed baby boy/girl, Mum and Dad and for the families who raise the most money!
About Water Babies
Baby swimming with Water Babies is an exciting, enriching experience for both you and your little one. Not only does it teach vital life skills, but it also enhances the way babies and toddlers learn other skills, too. No one else reaches our high standards of professionalism, and no one else works harder to make sure you and your little one feel happy and safe. And we always incorporate lots of bonding, fun and socialising, so you can be sure that a Water Baby is a happy baby!
Classes across Wellington & Auckland are run by Kelly Williams who, after hearing one of her close friends raving about how wonderful the swimming lessons were when she was living in the UK, decided to find out more. “Growing up, we lived close to dozens of beaches” Kelly explains, “so I spent most of my time either on, in or under the water – and wanted my children to be completely at home in the water too.”
She was hooked after the first lesson and made the decision to leave the corporate world of HR behind to train as a Water Babies teacher – which she duly did (whilst having another Water Baby of her own) – and she’s been completely in love with her change of career and teaching lots of happy babies and toddlers to swim ever since.
“As a parent, the classes were the highlight of my week and so I’m delighted to be bringing this wonderful experience to lots of Kiwi families back in New Zealand,” Kelly continues. “I want to change the concept in New Zealand that babies shouldn’t swim until they’re 6 months old – bringing them into the water much earlier is such an important lifesaving skill, an amazing bonding experience for them and their parents and is also a fantastic medium to allow them to exercise and build their stamina in a way that they just can’t do on dry land.”
For more information:
- Check out the banter on the Water Babies New Zealand Facebook page.
- See this page to find out more about Water Babies in your area!
- Read Harrisons story to see how it helps bonding with her Dad and his enhanced movement
Our huge thanks to Water Babies for choosing to support The Little Miracles Trust!
Also, the following wonderful organisations have helped with items for our fundraising:
- Mojo. Our long term supporters Mojo provided 2 great coffee prize packs
- The Body Shop. Fantastic to again have their support, The Body Shop have provided a wonderful gift basket
- The Interislander. Interislander appreciates the importance of community and is proud to support the Splashathon with a travel voucher!
- PaperPlus Lower Hutt. Books and reading are fantastic for kids, so it’s great to have the support with a selection of books for the prizes
- Huggies. With water involved, it’s fantastic to have some ‘Little Swimmers’ from Huggies, plus some of their great wipes to reward those taking part
- Powershop. Fresh off supporting our Father’s Day ‘Pick-me-up’ packs, Powershop have donated some of their great Powerbanks for the Splashathon!