We are delighted to have added to our ‘fleet’ of incubator donation boxes, with an out-of-service incubator recycled into an awareness and fundraising tool. This new donation box is now based in the Waikato, with the team who support the Waikato NICU now looking for places to have it in a public space.
A number of people and organisations were involved in making this happen. Our thanks go to:
- McLeod Hiabs for their help transporting the incubator to Wellington for conversion, and then back to Hamilton
- PlaceMakers Frame & Truss Waikato/BOP for help with storage and the transport process
- Graley Plastics who converted the incubator with a slot for donations, added a panel for hanging items of interest and ensured it is secure for public placement:
- Adding a lock to the main door
- Securing all the openings where Drs and nurses would usually put their hands through
Can you help?
Do you have an event or busy store/mall/public space where it could be hosted? If you do, or have an idea for us, please contact email@example.com
More details can be seen here.
Read the story of the first incubators converted here: staging.littlemiraclestrust.org.nz/2016/02/17/incubator-donation-box